Thursday, April 09, 2009

HumV Says Purchase/Rent WHAT??

Ok, so the plan for us right now is that as soon as H1 is out of school we will head to Ohio. HumV, Unc J (my brother) and I are searching for places with a full kitchen (and a pool) for us to stay. They are checking places out while they are there and I am searching online for places while at home. They are also checking camping sites. Unc J is planning on coming home to get his camping trailer soon.

I talked to HumV this evening, a couple of times actually, like usual. I look forward to talking to him. We are all excited about him coming home this weekend (Saturday evening and staying for the night).

I shared my ideas with him about what we could do if we don't find something "reasonable". When I was done, he asked if I was sitting down. I told him yes. He paused and then said, "We could rent/buy a tent". UM, WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? I'm glad I was sitting down, because I thought he just said that WE could pitch a TENT. Hungry for home nature lovin man say what??!!? (said in your best Miley Sirus voice) Unc J in the background says, "you two can sleep in the tent, the kids can stay in the camper with me". Huh? As nice as that sounds, if we were staying in a hotel, I don't think so!


Now, I know most of you are thinking of your nice family tent camping vacations. And I'm all up for a fun adventure. But need I remind you we will possibly be there for 30 days or so? Do you really think I'm a camping it for 30 days type of person? NO WAY!! I'm not even a camping it type of person in my own back yard for 1 night, kind of person. Let alone in a different state with different creatures and animals and who knows what else!


Let me remind you of the type of person HumV is (sorry, I don't have a picture), he is Mr. Nature. He's my nature boy. He LOVES nature. I do too, but not like he does. He's like a little kid in a candy store when he sees wildlife. "Oh man! Did you see that (put weird creature name here)!! Wow, that was cool!"

Now, let me remind you of the type of person I am with one simple picture. . . Do you see the sturdy walls? How about that ceiling? And one more thing, do you see how comfy the beds look (they were! remember this from Comfort Suites in Oshkosh)?

I need a relaxing cup of hot tea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm....honey, I'm right here, on the computer!!!!! You do realize I can read this right!!! JK haha

Anonymous said...

does his daughter know about this tent thing? you know the one that is going on nineteen. she can come stay with me. love you bampy

wife.mom.nurse said...

Oh no, I don't think so either, 30 days. I don't mind the outdoors, but 30 days!!!

Yikes!!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is too funny, I would be the same way. Heck no on the camping thing. Yikes. I like the sturdy walls that keep the bugs out too. LOL

j3k said...

Let us not forget your love for spiders!!!! ~lol~ DONT CAVE FOR THE TENT!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! I know you are probably the most patient person I know and you are so easy going but I know even you would crack in a TENT for 30 days...... I can do it for 3 days at a time but that is max and I don't even have any little babies. STICK WITH THE HOTEL!!!!

Hearts and Hugs

Marie

Anonymous said...

Tent No way !! I did a camping thing and did not sleep a wink afraid of every little noise there was. And small kids to try to keep clean and food preperation !!! ULK Hotels are the best next thing to home. love Aunt Charlotte