I am so excited for H1! She is 1 of over 90 students on the middle school track team. Yes, there are over 90 students grades 6-8 on the track team. Now, to me that is just insane because I grew up in a small, very small apparently, community where the track team had maybe 10-15 kids on it (grades 7 & 8). Seriously. Track just wasn't an exciting sport when I was in school. Of course, the school band had just about as many people in it, and the "baton girls" well, we won't even mention how many (5) girls were on that team/squad. I haven't been to a sporting event since my brother graduated about 4 years after me, so it may have changed since then, but up to that point it was basically the same.
The coaches promised each team member that they would participate in at least one meet. Well, H1 hopped in the vehicle on Monday after practice and said, "I'm in BOTH meets this week!" WOW!! YAY!!! How exciting!!
Tuesdays meet was sadly postponed due to rain. But is was rescheduled for Thursday, April 23. I don't know if that means she will still be in that one or not, we'll see.
She did really well (I think) in Wednesdays meet. The boys and I didn't go (which was weird because we have gone to ALL of her games in the past), but she informed us of everything (or at least a little bit of her events). She text me as the bus was leaving the school to come home and said that she didn't do well at all and she shouldn't be throwing. I told her it was ok and reminded her that it was her first meet. She had me going and really feeling bad that she didn't do well. Later she says, "I placed either 4th, 5th or 6th. I don't know." I asked how many students there were that were doing shot put and discus and she said "a bunch of girls". Um, well, ok. She was the only 6th grader that did those activities. She also said that she would really like to give hurdles a try.
Last week she ran hurdles and LOVED them! Her coaches were impressed with how well she did especially with it being her first time to do hurdles. Her coaches have her down to do discus, shot put and hurdles.
Now, I understand that she doesn't run with shot put and discus. However, it surprises me that she's participating in the meets at all this week because she has a doctor slip that is in effect until Friday. Oops! I won't tell if you won't!
*the coaches have the slips, they obviously say it's ok.
*she's not really using her ankle--don't pretend to throw a discus or shot put just to see (because I already know)
She did tell me that she had to run and participate in P.E. class yesterday. Um, HELLO!!! Dr. slip says no P.E. and no track, no running and no jumping. I was just a bit irritated with that. And she had to run a lap to warm up at last night's meet. Oh whatever. What is the purpose of Dr. slips again?
3 comments:
hey i got a dr. slip says i cant go to work and beleive me YOU DONT WANT ME TO GO TO WORK!!! way to go H1 good job!!! love you bampy
Sounds like H1 totally deserves to be student of the week. That is awesome. Great about track too. Hurdles? How cool.
H1 is so cool! I wuv her! She deserves it!!!
Post a Comment