Wednesday, April 01, 2009

New Location & Hockey Nationals!!!

WOW!! Yesterday brought on a lot! I'll give you more details later, as soon as I stop spinning! HumV received a call yesterday afternoon from my brother, it was a new location! So it took us awhile to pack up and get on the road. We first had to do laundry, feed children, run a few errands, pack and deal with our situation with H1's friends (another post some other time).

We arrived at our hotel around 11:30 last night. It didn't take long to get everything in and everyone situated. It doesn't have a pool, a major requirement with children, so this morning I will be searching for a different hotel. When you have to up and go that fast, the first hotel is normally not the one that can accommodate you for a long stay. My brother arrived first so he reserved the rooms and took what he could get. Thank you, Uncle J/Little Brother!

Don't get me wrong, it's an ok hotel, from what we can tell. Rooms are clean, that's a plus already, especially after our last hotel that we arrived at late at night. I can look out our window and see more hotels, however, price matters when you'll be staying awhile.

With H1 being back in school, we will be leaving on Sunday to go back home. :( HumV and my brother will be here for approximately 2 months. We will be able to see each other on weekends (Sundays), as long as this isn't a 7 day a week job.

I am working on another travel contest for our/HumV's new location. It can't be like our previous one because a lot of you already know where we are. At least the state anyway because at this time I don't even know what town we are in (and I drove, is that scary? Hehe, I followed HumV, I know the back of the work truck rather well by now).

OH!!! Today our niece, on HumV's side, is playing in Hockey Nationals!!! She has been playing hockey since she was 3 and I must say, she's good!! Check out this site. If that one doesn't work try this one, USAHockey.com. If you go to the USA Hockey website, her team is called Connecticut Polar Bears, U12 Girls division tier 1, playing in Rochester NY, April 1-5. There are several different levels of tournaments going on, so you check it out you have to be sure to get to her division.
Ok, I need to start my search. I updated about Sean also, please be sure to check that out.
Have a great day!!

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow...2 months. I hope that he never has a 7 day work week. That is neat about your niece and her hockey. I hope they win! I was going to ask about sean but i will look for the update.

j3k said...

If I guess your EXACT location do I win something????? I'm guessing the middle of nowhere USA......LOL..... AM I RIGHT???? Great talking to you this morning and I sooo wish I could join you and take a hiatus from my 4/5 for a short bit!!!!

Hearts and hugs
Marie