Friday, April 10, 2009

W.H.A.T. Is That Smell?

Oh my goodness! We opened the doors to the vehicle to load up so that we could take H1 to the doctor and BAM! It hit us! Oh my my my, what was that smell? What crawled up into our vehicle and died?! WOW!! Did I by chance leave a diaper in it? I haven't changed a diaper in the vehicle since we were on our way home from Minnesota way back in August, and I threw that in the trash at the gas station (I know better). Did the kids leave food in the vehicle? That is VERY possible!

After arriving back home from the doctor visit and dropping H1 back off at school, I checked the vehicle. I picked up all the trash, which surprisingly there wasn't much. As I was moving our baby carrier (that I still keep in the vehicle, we never knew when we would need it and I didn't want to not-pack it) I realized that I had stuck my hand in it. It was white. After I stuck my hand in it, (yes, it's gross you may want to skip the rest of this sentence) I smelled my hand. Yep! That was it. Spoiled milk!

I remembered that on our way home from Ohio last Saturday, H4 dropped his bottle. H2 and H3 ride in the back with him and neither one of them were in too big of a hurry to pick it up. Needless to say, it leaked. I dabbed it up but that didn't work so I scraped it up. Ok, I'll spare you the nasty details. I have researched how to get the smell out of a vehicle and will be able to finish it tomorrow, hopefully. For now, I got as much of it up as possible and then sprinkled poured baking soda all over the area. I am letting it sit over night and will check on it tomorrow.

H1 had to go to the doctor today about her ankle. She sprang it while playing soccer last spring and has problems with it ever since. I was a bit nervous with her joining track because of it, but I'm not going to hold her back. On Monday she landed on it wrong and it was injured all over again. There was obviously something more to the injury if it kept happening. So we had it checked out today. We at least found out that it's not a sprang and it's not broken. The next step is seeing a specialist next Friday.

4 comments:

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh my yuk!!!

Glad that your little one did not have a break!!

I was making my way through my blog list. Glad you said hi ")

Happy Easter!!!

j3k said...

LOL- Oh how I remember the milk days!!! Oh how I'm glad I'm done with the milk days!!!! -LOL- We went through so many spilt milk bottles in car seats and car rugs and seats and YUCK it gags me just thinking about it!!!! Thank you for your note!!! I know I kind of don't give the full effect of Kylie's disease because I hate admitting to anyone or myself the realisticness of it all. We just take one day at a time :) Yesterday was just kind of one of those smack in the face moments! Love ya girl! Let me know about her ankle!!!

Hearts and Hugs
Marie

Anonymous said...

simple remedy just find a dead skunk throw it in the car whala no more milk smell. trust me those skunks do wonders. bampy

Dinah said...

Hope you have good news at the specialist with H1.

Yes, we have also had unknown smells in the car before. Always lots of fun to find the culprit! Is it not raining so you could leave the windows open and let it air out?