Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What's your favorite fruit or vegetable?

For something new and exciting, Hubby and I have decided to add a new vegetable or fruit to our menu at least once a week. We think it will be fun and adventurous. We would like to know what your favorite vegetable or fruit is and how you serve it. We look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks!

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

My kids love fresh pineapples, not canned. My husband puts shredded cheese on it...I totally do not recommend that, but the fresh pineapple is great all by itself.

Davisix said...

For a change of pace I like asparagus, wrapped in foal with butter and sprinkled with sea salt then cooked either on the grill (my fave) or in the oven. All the Things eat it up too. yummo!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

What a great idea. I have a two and three year old and have been trying to incorperate more into their diets. It is tough at this age. We do pretty good with carrots, apples, grapes and melons.. Move past that we are in trouble. Notice, that is one vegatable and it has to be served raw.

Saw you on the davisix blog thought I would stop by and say hi.

Rhonda said...

Ohhhh, apricots are by far my favorite fruit and I love sweet potatoes. Of course, they are so yummy with butter and brown sugar!

Great post.

Miranda said...

Yummy! Thank you all so much! We have just added asparagus into our weekly meals since we have been here in Wisconsin. Sometimes even more than once a week. I am still learning different ways to fix it.
We LOVE fresh pineapple! I have to say that I haven't ever tried apricots, but we will soon! Have tried sweet potatoes, they are good too depending on how they are fixed. I will have to try them Rhonda's way. Thank you for all of your responses!
I look forward to making fresh homemade baby food for Baby "E" when we get home. Buying baby food really stinks!