Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Someone Special, The Snow And A Secret Coded Note To Daddy

How adorable are they?! This precious little girl is from Ethiopia. She was recently adopted into a wonderful family that has loved her even before they knew her.

I would love to tell you their story, but it would mean more coming from the family themselves. I was so excited to meet this precious little girl. Her smile and laugh lights up the entire room. She is with her big sister in the picture. Her big sister that could hardly wait to meet her and have her home. To see this precious little girl hugging on her mommy and react the way she did to her daddy coming home was enough to bring tears to your eyes. And to see how much her brothers adore her, you'll have to check out the video on their blog. This precious little girl is so blessed to have been brought into this wonderful family. And this family is blessed to have this precious little girl. It was great to visit with them and hear about their trip. Hearing how God has worked in their adoption is truly amazing. Please check out the Family of Hope to read more.

Today it snowed and snowed and snowed and. . . you get the point. Normally, when it snows we just enjoy some snow ice cream. We had to go drop of HumV's computer (I'll explain later). When we arrived back home the kids put some warmer clothes on and went out and played. It was nice. I took photos as they enjoyed hiding from me. I took most of them through the windows. When I opened the door to take a few, I was drilled with snow balls. Yes, even while holding the expensive camera (they aimed for and hit my legs). They had a blast!


H4 didn't like the feel of the snow. Check out that face!

Although, he didn't think it tasted too bad.

On Saturday, I went to turn on HumV's computer, which holds H2 and H3's schoolwork, and it had completely restarted itself. As in, completely. emptied. itself. of. e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!! Everything was deleted! GONE!! We didn't have any pictures on it that weren't on my computer, thank goodness. It's the schoolwork. I don't wanna have to do schoolwork all over again! (Say that in your most whinny, baby-ish voice, just like your kids not wanting to go to school.) We dropped it off today with a gentleman that can hopefully recover everything, at least the schoolwork. UGH!! We are very hopeful!

A quick letter from H4 (his first) to his daddy:

3

ffdb

.n ., ..,//;'po;krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrjmughgnjkb ,m,mpnlmmc

/tcgft54rr4gjh/0.....

.222222222222b

1
415 f

'/[';.ollllllllllll./.j,hj.h

4

b/163121f12

/0000000000000000000000000000000022

Isn't it sweet? He wrote it in secret code so that only you would be able to read it. Love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely Brogyn, I will be home soon to help you out. Love the snowballs especially since they are directed at Mom!!!! Not me this time. Thanks babe!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Awww, this was so precious. Loved the snow photos, we get zero snow here. Off to check out the heart warming adoption story.

He & Me + 3 said...

Great post. I will have to make my way over to that blog to read about that precious girl. H4 did a great job with the letter to daddy too. So cute. Stunt Man was helping me on the blog the other day. Priceless.

j3k said...

Ok lessons here

1. little guy- Don't eat yellow snow!!! I'm just telling you because I'm sure no one has told you that yet

2. mama-protect that camera but have the time of your life with it!!! I took mine down the hills while snowtubing just to get the good shot!

3. I miss you guys!!!!

Hearts and Hugs

Marie

Davisix said...

Great pics! Oh how I wish it would snow here!!! We live on a big ole hill and can only dream of what it would be like to sled down it. :) The adopted young lady is more than beautiful...she literally took my breath away. What a wonderful story they have.

Love and miss you!!! Ang