Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Me Monday!

It's Not Me Monday! Be sure and head on over to read MckMama's, she's guaranteed to make you feel better about your week.

I did NOT spend hours upon hours looking and researching paint colors. It did not totally take me more hours to pick out colors than we will spend actually enjoying our painted walls before we leave again.

I did NOT feel like I was in a Steven King movie with all the birds in our small back yard looking for food under the slow melting snow. It wasn't the least bit creepy, even when you could hear them over our music. I wouldn't dare think to myself that if they peck just once at a window or door WE ARE OUTTA HERE!!!

I did NOT get the least bit concerned over water dripping from our light bulb in our garage. I know that water and electricity are like best friends.

I did NOT laugh hysterically when H1 came downstairs saying that she thinks she sprang her thumb by speed texting.

I did NOT dig through our trash looking for H3's quarter after I had put broken glass in it as well as dumped our vacuum container filled with dust and things, not to mention all the dirty diapers. If I had been in that situation, I would have offered him another quarter in which he would have gotten tears in his eyes, making me realize that I knew him better than to offer another quarter. Therefore making me think, duh, that's just showing that it's ok to throw money away, literally. If I would have gone through the trash, found the quarter and washed it off before I would have handed it to him, I would also have heard the words, "thank you mom, you're the greatest mom." And that would have been music to a mother's ears and heart, all for a quarter.

I did NOT almost jump for joy when H2 (who does not like to read) came up to me while in a bookstore and asked for a book, with words! It wasn't a picture book or a comic book, it had words!! That you have to read!! I am not still jumping inside because he read it all the way home and for quite awhile after we arrived home, and then slept with it beside him!

Hope you enjoyed reading a few fun moments that happened in our past week. Have a wonderful Monday!

4 comments:

Us said...

Ok, these were all funny! I laughed out loud! The quarter...ahahahahaha!! No you dien't!!! Sprang her thumb texting...bwaahahahahaha!!! Love these! xo Kel

j3k said...

I have two daughters who completely relate to the thumb problem :) I soooooo would have left the quarter!!! SORRY.....LOL and you crack me up over the paint my brother ask Brian what color white we wanted the trim and he brought like 100 shades and Brian refused to even look he just said get me white!!!!!! Tell the kids hello and thanks for my birthday wishes we had a ball. I will call you later :)

Crazee Juls said...

my oldest doesn't enjoy reading...and so I would so "NOT" be thrilled if she asked for a book in a bookstore too... :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were great. I love the one about sprang her thumb speed texting and the birds. I hated that movie...so scary. I would so be outta there too.