As I'm blogging right now, H1 is in the kitchen, making a big mess I'm sure. She had things set up and was making H2 and H3 a snack. Now she is making a smoothie for H3. I don't want to go in and check on them, afraid of the mess I'll walk into. At lease they're having fun and getting along, right? Oh, what's that, your children don't argue or fight? So you don't know the peace and quiet I'm enjoying right now, oh mine either. ;)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
HumV's Away And H4 Has A Cold
HumV is away at classes. He arrived at the hotel on Sunday evening around 10:30 or so, in freezing cold weather, I might add, only to find that a room hadn't been reserved yet. At least he wasn't the only one that this had happened to. There was at least one other gentleman from our area that arrived at the same time. They were able to get their rooms with no problem. The high for Appleton today is 3 degrees. The rest of the week it will be in the single digits and going down. Yuck!
I do wonder. . . Are the eye drops really worth it if his eyes are so watery? He wasn't crying before, after or during the photo (above).
H4 is working on getting rid of a cold. He and I both started coming down with it Sunday evening. Good timing, huh? He looks and sounds like he is so miserable. And it just so happens that they don't sell baby cold medicine without a prescription anymore, with good reason (it slows their heart). I was planning on taking him to the doctor today (that is if there were any openings) but this morning when he woke up (2 hours later than usual) he actually looked better than he did yesterday, so no doctor today! HumV and I have always tried everything before we had to break down and take them to the doctor. So far the only thing they have had to go to the doctor for in the past couple of years is for their check-ups. H4 doesn't do back until just after his 1st birthday, WOW that sounds weird!! I gave his Dr. a heads up on the chicken pox vaccine, that he wouldn't be receiving one. It's pointless. So if anyone knows someone that has children with chicken pox, please let me know!! Our Dr. is wonderful and didn't have any issues with that at least for now. She said if he does attend public school he will have to have it. 

H4 had his first nose bleed last night. He got to know our kitchen floor on a very personal level. Poor little guy. He loves to crawl over things and was crawling over a toy. As he went over, face first, his nose hit the floor before anything else. He was ok, I'm sure it hurt pretty bad. Thank goodness he wasn't too far from the floor to begin with, with him not being very tall when he crawls and the toy not being very big.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh poor baby H4 looks terrible in the pictures with his eyes watering. Makes me want to crawl in the computer and give him a hug and rock him or something. Hey none of my kids fuss or make messes either !!! haha Like that is an everyday thing here. Even my first 4 did all the that stuff. After 8 + kids you kind of get use to it. Love to you and hope your colds get better. Love Aunt Charlotte
poor baby, i hate when they have a cold but I hate more when the hubz is out of town too!
poor baby, i hate when they have a cold but I hate more when the hubz is out of town too!
Poor baby...I hope that both of you are feeling better soon. Sometimes quiet is good, sometimes...you need to go check, huh? I hear you on not wanting to see the mess. The sound of harmony amongst siblings is sweet to my ears too. Gotta love those days!
Post a Comment