My goodness we had a busy weekend! Whew! I looked forward to this morning so that we could slow down and get somewhat back to our regular routine. Unfortunately that won’t happen until next Monday.We had Christmas with my mom and her husband on Saturday. My sister came over a little after 7 Saturday morning so that we could have our day of baking. However, she baked while I finished up cleaning because the night before I had gone shopping with my mom and ‘K’ (her husband). We were out for about 6 hours! Yea, we were nearly crawling out of the last store. I hate shopping, so to be gone for 6 hours, yuck!! We had a good time though so that made it worth it.
Saturday was a lot of fun. My sister and I laughed a lot during the day! All the kids had fun playing and goofing off. They played Twister which was hilarious to watch. I have LOTS of pictures of all that fun. Then when HumV arrived home from work he played Twister with H1 and then H3. Yep, got pictures of that too. 
We had a good time during the party. We first ate dinner and laughed. Then after dinner we played a few games and laughed. My mom put me in charge of coming up with games. Because I’m creative? She may think so, but I ‘google’ everything according to H1. I ‘googled’ some games. My mom asked about ‘Scattergories’, that sounded like fun. My game that I came up with was ‘Family Feud’--Christmas version. We had lots of fun!! Oh my goodness!!
Sunday we went to church. It was great to have my sister and my mom join us. My nieces and nephew hung out with H1 and H2 with their age groups. I believe they all had a wonderful time. After church we all met back up at our house for brunch. My brother joined in on the fun and food. They (mom, sister and brother) all had a fun day of shopping planned and I had a fun day of relaxing planned (still attempting to get caught back up from Fridays shopping). However, my plans were changed and I ended up going shopping. I went with my brother because he and I are a lot alike when it comes to shopping, get in and get out as fast as you can. We went to Target, Menard's and then a local OUTSIDE shopping mall. Ok, I should stop for a moment and tell you about the weather. It was windy, snowing and 2 degrees out. Yes, we were crazy. But the lines were awesome!!
They had one last stop to make and I decided to stay in the truck with H1 and my nephew and one of my nieces. It was WAY too cold and I didn’t need anything in that store (Wal-mart). Besides, from the look of the parking lot there wasn’t going to be much left in there. We had a good time watching the carts roll through the parking lot by themselves. They didn’t hit too many cars, and when they did hit a car it was as it (the cart) was slowing down. It kept us entertained for the time that they were in the store.
While we were being entertained by run away carts, HumV called to let me know that our furnace had stopped working. Yea, not good. Our pilot light wouldn’t stay lit because it was SO windy. HumV finally was able to get it to stay lit. It got so warm that it woke H1 and I up around 2 because we were too warm to sleep. That was a good thing though at least we weren’t too cold to sleep!
Today is the first day of HumV’s 2 weeks off. We are ALL excited about that!! He has had a busy day already. He is responsible for H4 so that I can have time to blog about our busy weekend. He’s ready for a nap, HumV that is--H4 isn’t going down for at least another hour. ;)
6 comments:
You were busy. So glad to catch up. What a fun time and the pictures were all great. Were those taken with your new beauty?
Merry Christmas!
OH...I love Twister...but only if I'm the spinner and I can watch everyone else get all twisted up. LOVE the pics of daddy and kids playing. Those moments are priceless!!! Glad you had time to blog...I've missed reading. :) xoxox Ang
Man, you WERE busy, but it all seems as though you had a wonderful time. I am with you on shopping. I HATE shopping and will do anything to avoid going. Alas....my husband is not too thrilled about shopping either so I end up doing the majority of shopping... anything I can buy online, I do.
ALthough... I do like Target from time to time. That's about as much shopping as I can tolerate....a half hour in Target.
Twister is so much fun and I am glad to see you guys enjoyed it too! You were definitely busy busy.
You are one busy lady!!! Looks like a blast! I had a blast with my sis the other day too! Great pictures! Did you get a new camera? Merry Christmas! xo Keli
By the way, I'm totally kidding on the camera! Just wanted to hear you say it again! LOL!
Post a Comment