But this year, oh what a birthday!! Between the family party, the mother's ring, birthday dinner and the early Christmas gift, wow!! I will tell you all about the day and everything, later. I first have to show you my early Christmas gift! (And please know that we are so against early gifts, this year we made exceptions.)
The newest baby to our family. NO WAIT!! MY newest baby is a beautiful glowing Nikon D60!!! I am still learning all about it. And will continue to for awhile.
My brother wanted to know if it was a boy or girl. I told him that it’s intimidating and detail oriented so it must be a girl. I haven’t named it yet. Big beautiful is such a mouthful. H1 is having a blast with it now. I feel a photo shoot coming on!! Look for lots of photos on Wednesday. For now, check out Big Beautiful! And enjoy the music to go along with it, it was picked just for this post.
It started out as a normal day as far as getting up, showering, feeding baby, ya know, the everyday things. Just for fun (sarcasm of course) we threw in an eye appointment for H4.
H4 did fabulous and so did the doctor. The doctor was great with him. H4 did everything the doctor needed him to do. He sat there and watched him and all his lights. The doctor said H4 needed his eyes probed to open them up. It is scary, but his poor little eyes water all the time and have the goop. The doctor had said that his daughter also had to have this done when she was 7 months old. That was when they did the procedure in the office with no form of comfort for the child. Ouch! The procedure doesn’t have to be done in a hospital which will make it better. He will be put to sleep with a mask and he will wake up shortly after the mask is taken off of his face. I am extremely nervous about all of this, but know that it will be ok. I look forward to seeing his beautiful eye lashes not all clumped together and his eyes not watering all the time. I look forward to him being able to wake from a nap with both of his eyes open without having to help him with a warm cloth. I’m sure none of this hurts him, but it does really irritate him when he can’t open both of his eyes and I can’t help but wonder if it scares him too. The procedure will take place on January 8. (I do want to thank you for the ideas and help with what to do to prevent this procedure from being done.)
With the doctor visit taken care of, we came home and lounged. Oh yes, I forgot to mention. When I went to start the vehicle for the doctor visit, an hour early I might add, there was a sheet of ice all down the driver side of the vehicle. I couldn’t open ANY of the doors, that is until I got to the back window. Picture me climbing through the back window of a Ford Explorer all the way to the front to start the vehicle. Yes, quite the picture. I’m glad all of my neighbors work during the day so they couldn’t have seen that. However, when we went to leave, the vehicle was still iced over! 45 minutes of warming up! Yes, I had the heat and defrost on, I didn‘t forget. Thankfully H1 helped me buckle H4 in his car seat because his seat is behind the driver’s seat. I also had to climb in through the passenger side. Again, quite the picture.
The day ended with a wonderful dinner and an early Christmas gift. Yes, I said Christmas gift on my birthday. Wanna trade (birthdays that is, not what‘s next--I have to practice how to share all over again)? Next year I’ll take your birthday (as long as it’s not in Nov, Dec or Jan) and you can have mine.
We went to dinner as a family at TGI Friday’s. Yummy. Haven’t been there in years, I’m talking HumV and I haven’t been there with each other ( so at least 14 years). I was to pick the place to eat my birthday dinner. I thought about Outback, but the children didn’t like that choice, I know it was up to me, but I had to deal with them! H1 tossed out the idea of TGI Friday’s (as we were driving by and everyone's stomach was growling) and that sounded good (H2 tossed out Chick-fil-a, not bad either, that place is yummy but let‘s go to a sit down you serve me type of place). Kept it kid friendly and new, we like to visit new places. It was yummy!!
I skipped a few steps. Before dinner we went and picked up H4’s eye drops. He has to have drops twice a day until the day of the procedure to keep his eyes from getting infected. Ok, this should be interesting, giving a 9 month old eye drops for 3 weeks.
Then we went to pick up my Christmas gift. I found out about it early so HumV decided to go ahead and give it to me. Yay him!! Yay me!! Yay beautiful gift!! We were at this store the other day and I was checking out cameras while HumV was purchasing a dishwasher for our rental house. I saw this beautiful camera and it was on sale (it turns out that it wasn't that camera that was on sale, but we bought it anyway)!! I had received some birthday money that day (thank you FIL!!! Because of that gift I was able to upgrade the camera already), so my mind was made up. I’ll take one of those please!! HumV caught up to me and told me of the surprise gift he was going to give me. Bummer that I ruined his surprise (I truly felt bad about this surprise being ruined), but he was glad because I could go ahead and learn to use it. We have a family Christmas on Saturday and I’ll know how to use it on Christmas Day too (I hope).
5 comments:
What a gift. That is awesome. I am feeling the itch to upgrade my Canon rebel. I would like to try a Nikon...let me know how you like it.
Happy Birthday! I'll trade...I am in July.
YAY...what a great post! It sounds like a wonderful day and I am LOVIN "BB". Yea, that's shorter than Big Beautiful. :) You deserved a wonderful birthday...glad you had one. Love you, Ang
I'm so jealous. I've been eyeing the D60. Well, actually I've been eyeing the 90 but a girl's gotta be realistic! :) I'm hoping to get one in a couple months after surgery.
Happy Birthday to you!
OHH my goodness! Happy Birthday! It was another Blogger friend's birthday on the 15th too! Mine was today and I gifted myself time to blog! How nice of me, huh?? I am a huge supporter of NIKON! I love them. I own the d70 and the d200 and I ain't ever going back!!! ENJOY! and happy happy birthday
Happy Birthday!!!! And OH.MY.WORD. what a wonderful gift!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! xo Keli
Post a Comment