Friday, March 20, 2009

H1's All Night Road Trip and The Macs Are Spreading The Word

H1 will have a very busy day today. She has school, home for about 30 minutes (grab a snack and change clothes), track practice til 5, come home long enough to change her clothes (less than 15 minutes), then off to a fun evening/night/morning with her youth group at church by 5:30. Whew! I'm worn out just saying it all! She's looking forward to the youth group outing. They will be going on an all night road trip! Their plans include attending a hockey game, playing duck pin bowling and having open gym. The fun begins at 5:30 this evening and we pick her up from the fun at 7:30 tomorrow morning!

Yea, we may not be too happy about her outing tomorrow about this time. We may be wondering what in the world we were thinking. We have informed her that she is not to get out of bed until 2:00 tomorrow afternoon. We know how she is when she is suffering from lack of sleep (we also wonder if that will be enough sleep).

Maybe we should be more concerned about the youth group leaders that are going. They limited the amount that was able to go. Yes, they only had enough room for 40 (as if that's not enough) Middle School kids to go. I'm thinking 40 is A LOT! I feel safe knowing that there are enough adults going to keep track of all of them while they are out and about.

*************************************************************************************
You are familiar with Cora's story. Cora's parents have had to go through what no parent would ever want to go through, losing a daughter to Neuroblastoma (a cancer found in infants and young children) at 11 months of age. This week Joel and Jess have been asked to do a TV interview and an interview for the local newspaper. After a lot of prayer they agreed to do it. It took a lot of strength for them to do the interviews. Whatever they could do to share Jesus through Cora with as many people as they could, they would do it. I admire their Faith and strength.
Vendors on Etsy have done so much to help build Cora's Playground. (On Cora's first birthday, March 5, some Etsy vendors volunteered to donate their sales for the day to Cora's Playground.) I was excited after reading on The Macs blog that they were going to open a shop also. I was even more excited after purchasing a set of blocks for H4 that were handmade by Cora's Uncle Matt, Jess's brother. H4 received them a little over a week ago and LOVES them!!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how i remember those days of a teen age daughter coming home from a slumber party where there was no sleeping. enjoy!!! hehe!! bampy

He & Me + 3 said...

I remember being as busy as H1 when I was a teen. How fun. So glad she is doing stuff with the church youth group. She will never forget those memories. Hope she gets her rest.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I am so not ready for a teen.

I love those blocks, I am so glad you got a set. What a wonderful cause too.

Dinah said...

Wow! I wish my mom would have let me sleep in til 2 pm after a slumber party. What a great idea. Did she have a fun time?

j3k said...

Hey it was so great visiting with all of you yesterday and Kegan has asked me 50 times already if we are going to your house today. I promised him that when I head to see Kelley at the hospital I will call you (hope your prepared -LOL) talk to you soon.

Hearts and Hugs
marie

Anonymous said...

I had a sleepover for 20 some girls not to long ago and there was very little sleeping and I won the prize cause I stayed awake till the last girl went home the next day in the afternoon. What fun we had making elephant ears and cookies to cut out and decorate. Dancing to loud music. Glad H1 has the chance to do things like that too. What memories can be made. Love Aunt Charlotte

tiki_lady said...

busy busy days! I think 40 adults should have everything covered very adequately.