Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Woo To The Hoo! Wednesday!!! And More

My bloggy friend Feather (yes, it's her real name) came up with this to give recognition to those who deserve it. And...who doesn't like some recognition? Or would you love to tell someone about a great product that you can't live without??? Did the bagger at the grocery store actually put all of your cold items together??? Did your daughter actually clean up her room without being asked??? Did an unexpected check arrive in the mail??? Well...welcome to


Woo to the Hoo! Wednesday!!!

This week I would like to recognize a product. . . Corn Starch.
Where do you keep your Corn Starch? Ours is found in the diaper basket. We have learned that Corn Starch isn't only for making gravy. It clears a diaper rash better than anything else we have tried. We learned this with H1, it was the only thing that would work with her. In fact, we didn't try anything else with our other babies, none of the boys would get it as bad as her. Until H4 that is. Seems that every time H4 gets a new tooth, he gets a diaper rash first. He is now getting tooth #5. I'm still attempting to get a clear picture of his teeth. He has his front 2 on bottom that came in first. Then he has 2 on top, but not his front teeth. It's his canine/cuspid (fang) teeth. Tooth #5 is his top left front tooth.
(Am I sure he's teething, I don't know. What do you think? He's hiding as he chews on a piece of wood from our antique rocking chair. Yep, that's all we give him, we don't buy toys. Can you tell? FYI, he placed the toys -that we don't have- that way.)

I was so excited and almost jumping for joy in the store when I notice that Corn Starch is now in the handy dandy container and not the spill-all-over box. (Hint: if you ever want to embarrass your children, pick up an item off the shelf in a store and get excited, they went looking for dad REAL quick.) Yes, I know, but it's the little things that mean the most. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H4 has enjoyed playing with the snow. He didn't like it at first, but H1 taught him how to enjoy it.
Click to play Playing in the snow!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
I am so happy to say that HumV made it home safely on Friday evening. He was even home in time for supper that was prepared and waiting for him on the table. We were all so excited to see him. H4 and I met him at the door. H4 almost jumped out of my arms for his daddy! The others decided that they would hide and jump out at him for fun. It was a nice welcome home for him. Oh, and H4 hasn't let daddy out of site since then.

We went to a hockey game on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun! We had fun people sitting in front of us which was nice. We were right by the doors where the Indiana Ice went on and off the ice. That was cool. The people sitting in front of us, in the front row, had an extra seat so they let one of us sit up there, H2 volunteered. He and the guys sitting around him had a good time. I was sitting right behind him. I thought he was going to end up in my lap as a puck hit the glass right in front of him, he flew back so fast! HumV made it on the big screen at least 3 times sporting his Green Bay Gamblers jersey. Actually, he bought the jersey for me but I was wearing a baby carrier so it was better for him to wear it. We had a wonderful time at the game. We didn't get the chance to meet any players this time. However, we did meet one of the coaches and he gave us a personal invite to the locker room for autographs after a play off game (that's all they have left in Indy).
Click to play Gamblers take the Ice.
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Sunday of course was the Super Bowl. Well, seeing how we were cheering for the Cardinals we won't talk about it. I will say they need to really get updated with their entertainment. Was disappointed in the commercials. I haven't watched the Super Bowl in years. All I remember about last years was that Tom Petty was the half time show (I think), again, bummer. I never can remember the teams that are in it and in what year. Oh well, not really a big thing to me.

We have had a pretty mellow but busy week. I enjoyed HumV getting home early on Monday. We were able to do some running around that we've both needed to get done. Tuesday he was able to sleep in a bit longer, yay! And we were able to enjoy a nice, relaxing cup of coffee as H4 played. AAHH.

That gets us to today. And. . .I may have to go shovel our drive again! It snowed yesterday, just enough. We can get in and out of the drive so maybe I'll let it go this time. *sigh*

Have a Woo to the Hoo Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey what happened to my pittsburg steelers buddy?! enjoyed the picture shows. its good to see all the kids having fun. love you bampy

Mishel said...

I love me some corn starch. And I would N.E.V.E.R. embarass any of my children in a public place. Just ask them, on second thought don't. =)