Aw, the Home Show, how I love thee. I was so excited when talking to my brother and something was mentioned about the Home Show and he says, "Let's go". "For real? Cause that's not funny messing with me like that." He told me he was not kidding, "Let's go, how about Sunday?" Yay!!
So last Sunday we went to the Home Show. It was a lot of fun! It was just my brother and I, no children, no HumV. We picked up a lot of brochures and a lot of ideas! And some roasted almonds, hehe.
We were excited to walk through the home that they have on display too. We had learned that this years home was built by the same company (C.P. Morgan) that built HumV and I's home. This should be interesting. I couldn't wait to see if it had all the fun 'extras' that our house had. I don't feel right giving this company's name (C.P. Morgan) on a blog, but feel free to email me if you're interested in them building your 'dream' home.
As we were walking through the warm house, we were noticing all the beautiful things like the granite counter tops, the fireplace that was an indoor/outdoor and the outdoor living spaces. It was nice. Then we went upstairs and I started to get jealous. We were walking from room to room and I felt a breeze. Oh man, this house might have some of the 'extras' that we have. Come to find out they had the air conditioner going. Whew! I thought they had air coming in under their walls like we did, I was almost jealous. Thank goodness this display house was built all nice and air tight. Geesh, it takes an air conditioner to put air into this house. It comes in right under the walls at our house.
Another thing that our house has that this so called perfect display house didn't, a water feature, but not just one, oh yes 2!. I know, don't be jealous, you can come visit anytime. We don't make it an everyday luxury, we don't want to be 'showy' people. We only enjoy it on rainy days. The display house has to care for their beautiful outdoor fish pond/pool everyday, waterfall and all. We get to enjoy our water feature as it drops and sometimes runs down our window blinds. It's pretty, and very relaxing as you can imagine. And the best part, we can hide the crack that it come in from with our blind, so we can hide it and no one knows it's there, not even us. Our second water feature is one that we can actually put our feet in to relax. And the best part, it's in our kitchen, at our back door. On nice days we can grab a glass of tea, open our door and enjoy the outdoors as we enjoy our puddle. Again, we don't want to be 'showy' people so we more than likely won't have our water features out when you visit.
The display house was beautiful. It was perfect for the family of 4. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the home.
We had a really good time. It was weird being without children. During our trip, as nice as it was to have my arms and hands to myself, I missed having at least one of the children with me. I knew H1, H2 and H3 wouldn't have enjoyed it at all. H4 enjoys being with me and riding in his stroller. Instead though, HumV took them all to a movie. They had a wonderful time.
I reached into my purse to grab my keys as my brother was pulling into our driveway. I went into a slight panic when I realized that I had left them hanging in our coat closet, inside the house. I know, perfect place for them, huh? Thankfully a good friend had a spare key, thank you Kelly, and was home! I was able to get into the house, enjoy a quiet lunch and look over the brochures that I had picked up before everyone came home. I sat in complete silence, no tv, no music, no computer, nothing but silence. It was nice for a few minutes, but I couldn't wait for them to get home.
Everyone had a fun day. It was nice to spend time with my brother too.
*Please understand, we are VERY thankful and know that we are very blessed to have a home, everyone should be. We love our home and look forward to doing some touch ups the way we like it.
4 comments:
i am really hurt, how come you never show me any of your wonderful features, afraid i might want to copy them. love you bampy
The home show is so much fun. We had a similiar leak in our home too. Wonder who built ours. lol
Love going to home shows. Glad you had a great time.
we would have so much fun together perusing home shows!
Post a Comment