Wednesday, February 18, 2009

H1's First Day Back To Public School

I am excited to let you know that H1 had a fabulous first day back to public schools. YAY!!! I am very proud of her. She gets up at 5 a.m., even though we live literally 2 minutes from her school. Her bus, that she insists on riding (and I'm thankful for that), comes by around 7:12. She is normally downstairs and ready to go by 6 and she even eats a bowl of cereal for breakfast, something quick. She went to bed on her own last night around 10. Now, Monday night she FINALLY fell asleep around 1 in the morning! She then woke up and was bright eyed and fully awake and dressed by 5:10. Honestly, I didn't think she knew the day began before 9 a.m.! This morning, same thing, up and completely ready and downstairs by 6. I am really hoping this excitement for school continues, just to keep life "simple".

Even though she was home schooled, she has kept in touch with a lot of her friends through text messaging and myspace. Myspace is something new to her. I have always been against myspace, but I have her password and keep an eye on things, just like her email. Some may think that's wrong, but that's how we work as parents. It's not that we don't trust her, it's the others and she understands that. I also prescreen some of her text messaging forwards. And I am proud to say that she asked me to. But in keeping in touch with her friends, they were all so excited to have her back to school. They were all asking her to sit with them at lunch and were hoping she was in their homeroom.

Just thought you would like to know how her day was. I am looking forward to hearing about her second day!

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome. Good for her...so glad she is excited and happy!

Us said...

Good for Britt!!! Does this mean that her and Moo are on the same bus??

wife.mom.nurse said...

Glad to hear the transition is going smoothly.

My kids have always wanted to take the bus, but in our district you have to live 2 miles away or greater.

Anonymous said...

way to go H1!!!! glad you are happy to be back in school. hope everyone is doing okay. love you bampy

tiki_lady said...

i am so glad her first day went well,