Wednesday, March 03, 2010

☺ HumV is HOME!!! ☺

He has actually been home for a week now. YAY!!! We have been so busy since he has been home. He arrived home around midnight last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. We have been on the go since then.

I'll give you a bit of a recap of how his arrival went. LoL. . Let's just say that I didn't expect to want to push him aside. Did that sound mean? Well. . . If you saw this coming at you . . .
What would you do?! I dodged as he bent down to kiss me hello and let him come into the house. I did give him a kiss, but I can't say that I could get used to the beard thing. I can't say that I would ever get used to that look. Love ya and all babe. . . but read the fine print of our marriage agreement. There has to be something in there about not being allowed to look like a caveman. We watch too many of the profiling shows (Criminal Minds, CSI) and know that people are profiling/stereotyping him as he walks out of a gas station. Honestly, if I saw someone that looked like that in a gas station, I would grab my kids and go running for the door calling 911 (my phone does it on its own, it would probably be calling before I had the chance as I'm grabbing all my children).

Ok, I'm calming down with that for a minute. He didn't like it either, but I wanted to see the beard and his hair grown out. He was gone for 3 months, we only saw him for 3 days of that 3 months and that was at Christmas. He has always wanted to see if he could grow a beard out. So what better time than when he wasn't around his family, right? Right. It nearly drove him crazy having his hair grown out like that, but he waited to get it cut so that we could see it. I think I've seen him with longer hair like that but the kids haven't. But as far as the beard goes, that's the most hair I have seen on his face EVER!! And it was good to see it once (I guess) but I don't want him to grow a beard anymore. EVER!!! Really. Should I tell you how I really feel? LoL. Did I mention E.V.E.R.?!?!?!?!

Now that you've seen the picture, can you guess what was on the schedule first thing Wednesday morning? If you guessed visiting a ✂  hair salon  ✂, you guess correct! I made an appointment (as HumV was on his way home on Tuesday) with my regular lady at my regular place and apologized ahead of time. We both laughed, but she really didn't know what she was in for. We went in and she was happy to take care of him. She was like Edward Scissor hands man!! I think she had fun with though. It's not every day that you get to do that to someone's hair (on purpose). LoL.

We had a good time at the salon. After leaving though, we ran some errands and then headed back home by lunch time. Good thing too, H4 was wiped! He enjoyed a nice long nap as HumV and I enjoyed lunch and catching up. We made our plans for the rest of the week. We knew we had to attempt and take care as much as possible in the first week or so that he was home because we never know when he'll get called back out. So we have had a week full of busy. We have had our taxes figured, went grocery shopping, furniture shopping, rented a dumpster, cleaned out our garage (unfortunately we will continue this chore for a few more weeks--we ran out of dumpster space!), cleaned out a few areas of the house, enjoyed family time, enjoyed H3's music program (and a few laughs), and so much more. I surprisingly haven't taken too many photos. But we have had TONS of laughs and have enjoyed HumV being home. I haven't been on the computer as much other than doing school work. Have I told you I don't think my current Instructor likes me? Yes, it's kind of interesting. Remember those profiling shows I mentioned earlier? Yep, I have him profiled, and I'm ok with him not liking me. LoL, my feelings aren't hurt. However, I am looking forward to  my next course even though I'm not aware of what it is.

So that pretty much catches you up to today. HumV went and had lunch with H2 today. He had lunch with H3 on Monday. H1 doesn't want him to come in and have lunch with her. She doesn't want us to embarrass her. I can't believe she thinks that we would do such a thing. Cough. Cough. Wink. Wink.

1 comment:

j3k said...

I'm so happy he is home! I agree with you on the beard..... We have watched too many creeper shows :) LOL..... Brian said it didn't even look like him!!!!! LOVE IT! Thanks for checking in on me. I'm feeling pretty good!!!
Hearts and Hugs,
Marie