Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wonderful Surprise!!!

We had such a wonderful beyond words surprise today!!!! HumV and my brother got rained out very early this morning so he jumped (literally) into the vehicle and came home for the day!! I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to have him home for the day, although I am willing to attempt, but the words just wouldn't be there. I was/am speechless.

I had just got off of the phone with Keli, a good friend and neighbor (yes, we do have nice, friendly neighbors, behind our house), when someone knocked on our door. The boys and I kind of looked around, and H2 jumped up and said "I'll get it!" He knew better, instead he ran to the window and H3, H4 and I walked to the door. Yes, I guess it's a family deal when someone knocks at the door instead of rings the door bell. H2 yells about the time we open the door, "IT'S DAD!!" I opened the door and sure enough. There was my absolutely fabulous husband standing at our door step. I don't know who was excited more, but I'll tell ya, H4 didn't hide it! H2 and H3 jumped into his arms to give him a huge hug as H4 stands at the door literally dancing! It was too adorable! HumV couldn't pick him up fast enough! Once in daddy's arms, he hugged him and hugged him and hugged him some more. He would lift his head up and look at daddy with the look and question of "are you really here?" He didn't want to let go of daddy for awhile as his little hands squeezed daddy's sweatshirt.

Once daddy was able to put him down, he was right back in daddy's arms. He was so tired, but didn't want to let go of daddy. And daddy loved every minute of it!

We had an absolutely wonderful time with HumV home for the day. The mood around the house was something that I can't even describe. H1 came home after school and was surprised too to find that dad was home. She had to rush off to cheer try-out boot camp (hehe, more of a training, but boot camp sounds more fun). She had a wonderful time on her first day.

We enjoyed a nice family dinner with everyone around the table. And HumV was able to put H4 to sleep and bed before he left. Ahh, what a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That is a great surprise. It's seems such a simple thing and many people wouldn't understand but to see the joy on your kids face for an extra day with Daddy is wonderful!

He & Me + 3 said...

How awesome for you and the kids. What a sweet surprise.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

What a wonderful surprise. Glad you had that extra time.

wife.mom.nurse said...

What a blessing.

It's neat to see what a happy couple you are!

Us said...

I love this post! So nice of him to hurry home for a day to hang out with you all! Nice surprise!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Wings won game 7!!!!!!