Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Don't Wanna Go To School!

Last night I had the opportunity to go and spend 2 and a half hours at 'Back To School Night' for both our 5th grader and our 7th grader. Not only going to 1 classroom, but 10 different ones (I skipped out on going to the gym before and after all the meetings so that I could attend one specific meeting and at the end just go home). But before my first meeting at 5:30, I first had to wait for H1 to get out of volleyball to go over what she was planning to do, stay at the school or walk to a near by friend's house (that knew she was coming). I definitely did NOT miss these last year when we home schooled!!!

Once it got going it went pretty smooth. H1 decided to stay at the school (even though students were not allowed) and hung out in the halls and just walked around. I was glad too because she showed me each and every classroom that I was suppose to go to. We spent approximately 5 minutes in the classrooms and we had 4 minutes in between classes. I did get my exercise on the stairs, she has 1 up, 1 down, 2 up, 2 down. It was interesting though.

H2, H3 and H4 stayed with a friend of mine and had a blast! Thank you Kelly! I was worried about leaving H4 because of the separation thing with him. He's been with me so much that he sometimes, almost always, throws a fit when I attempt to leave him somewhere (not that I do it often or hardly ever). However, when I returned, he didn't want to leave with me! He had a wonderful time!

Back to the school thing . . .

I met H2's teacher. She's a wonderful teacher. She's happy to have H2 in her class and says that he has made the transition from homeschooling to regular schooling with no problems (I wasn't worried, I didn't ask but it was nice of her to let me know). She said he's very fun. She is also very pregnant and won't be able to teach the second half of school.

H3 had his 'Back To School Night' last week. His teacher also let me know that he has made the transition from homeschooling to regular school very smoothly. H3 really likes his teacher and is loving school! Which is a relief to us because he's the one that waited until last minute to decide if he was going to go back to school or be home schooled. HumV and I are both thrilled with his decision.

We continue to keep up with sports. I am attempting to get the house situated also. We may have a visitor coming in about a week and a half so I need to make sure things are ready for her. I'll share more about that later. My main goal is getting all children to and from practices and games on time. And well, up until tonight I was accomplishing that rather well. Who knew that volleyball would actually get out on time at 7:30 (for the first time in 3 weeks) as H3's soccer game was ending? And shortly after that, H2's practice was going to end. All practices are in different parts of the town. AND if all sports would have stayed with their original times that they have been getting out (and soccer would have ended on time) I would have been in all places at the right time. But, that's not how life works, so H1 sat with her coach after practice until we could get there 15 minutes late. UGH!!! Her coach was wonderful about it, thanks coach! And H1 had a little bit of 1-on-1 time with her. Very cool! I was still SO, SO sorry.

Life continues to get more and more interesting/confusing/tiring/frustrating at times/exciting by the day.

2 comments:

wife.mom.nurse said...

Oh yeah, we will have to go to a kazillion classrooms too! It's a whole new world!

Thanks for the kind comment on my wonderful news!

j3k said...

LOL!!!! Don't you love the running that comes with all the after school sports..... I hate to tell you it does get worse! Tomorrow I am coming to that way to see a hand surgeon for my finger (yes the one I broke swinging from the rope) so I may stop by on my way..... my appoint is at 2. Hearts and Hugs Marie