Friday, July 24, 2009

Past 2-3 Weeks And A LOT Of Pictures!!!

Wow, it's been awhile! Thought maybe while I had laundry going that I would update you all on what's been going on. 5:30 a.m. isn't too early to do laundry in a hotel, right? I guess maybe it would be if my room was the room right next to the laundry room. Most hotels don't allow their laundry room to open until at least 6. At least I waited. I was going to get it going about 45 minutes earlier. I have a lot to do today so if I can check laundry off of my list this early, my day will go a lot smoother. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thought maybe I should let you know 'real quick' that the kids are back! Yay!! They had a blast, thanks Uncle G and Aunt C and cousins! While visiting their relatives in Connecticut they had a lot of adventures. Within the first week of being there, they had gone to Six Flags New England, the beach, go-carting, Brown Stone Park, camping and the beach-again (they all love the beach! Who wouldn't?) and boating. The second week that they were there they went camping-again, to a new Science Center, and I can't even remember what else. I do know there was a lot of swimming going on. My SIL said she took pictures, so as soon as I get them I'll post them.

I am very proud of them all for going out there. I am very proud of them for trying new things. For example, H1 and H2 jumped off of 35 foot cliffs. Yes, H2 was excited to tell us that he jumped off 3 times. Uuuuhhhmmm. (Picking my jaw off the floor). Yes, they went on new rides at Six Flags and tried many new things. I am very proud of them all for that.

HumV, H4 and I all stayed back at the hotel in Ohio. Well, HumV worked, and the first week the kids were gone I was sick, so H4 had a blast running the hotel room by himself. Hehe. HumV could tell I wasn't feeling well when he walked in the room (as well as when he called, but he got really worried when he saw the room), cracker crumbs and toys (and whatever else H4 could get his hands on while I was down) everywhere. I was fully aware of what was going on, but didn't really care at the time. He was still being taken care of, but for the most part, he had fun.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Our Little Man
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Once I started feeling better, HumV took me out for dinner. It was the night before I headed back home-home for my dad's retirement dinner. It was a lovely dinner. It was nice to have dinner just the 2 3 of us.

So, here we are, back to doing laundry. It makes it sounds like the past 2-3 weeks were so blah. Trust me, they weren't. We I enjoyed taking some pictures on the way out to Connecticut and on the way back. I took a lot of pictures of the hills and trees.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Traveling
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



Since the kids have been back to the hotel they have gone swimming more than they have all summer! We have gone just about everyday, and some days 2-3 times. We are glad they are finally enjoying the hotel life again.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Pool Time
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Time to get going! Have LOTS shopping to do!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

j3k said...

I'm so glad you are doing so well! The kids are growing up so fast. Kegan saw the pictures of the littlest one and swore he looked just like his bestest friend (aka H2). LOL Tell him I am so happy to hear he jumped more then once :) Over and over again hehehehe..... Thats my boy!!!!! Talk to you soon!!! Have fun shopping!

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful pictures. Loving that curly boys hair. So cute.
You all have been so busy...but fun busy. Good for you!
Loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing them all. I really need to make a few of those slideshows. WE have so many pics from the summer too.

tiki_lady said...

so glad all is going well, love the pics! my kids have been swimming a lot also!